HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    harry tobin

telling the fable

The saga and the fable

When I was at age of 6 year, my older brother read out a book named ‘the adventures of the master gnome’ I was listening with great interest; it was pure fantasy story, and the setting of it, too. There were many mystic things in that book as the nocturnal swam field with its mysterious lights, and there was a big stone with a hidden door, I can’t remember the entire story but I remember well the story been very impressive and it fed my imagination for a long time.

When I was at age of ten, and I started to read I had lost all interest to the stories of merely fantasy.
    Now there were stories telling more about real ventures by means of good literature as The Treasure Island by Stevenson. And the Robison Crusoe and the Duce of Monte-Cristo and many else.
    I have heard the saying that if the life is too hard to endure there are many who will escaped from the reality diving into the word of fantasy.

It seems be very much fact of life in the present days. There is a great boom and interest to every sort of fantasy, in particular among the youth about at age of twenty and twenty five. The most popular talking points at the literature sites seem to be Harry Porter. The Talkies and every similar pastime fantasy which all them could believed directed to the young about at age of then years.

The fantasy is always pastime. One could to say that it is amusement with great hollow imagination and before long it could confused the sense of proportion because – in these stuff – there totally lack of things in their right proportions.

You are able to distinguish the real life and the real art from the fantasy at once to understanding the birth of the real literature being always in the right proportions of the bilateral things just in the same way as in the real life.

leslee

Re: telling the fable

What do you want us to do with this?

Denis Bonner

Isn't that Hairy Porter?

Joan of Arc

I'm just wild about Harry!

J.

Denis Bonner

The moral of this story is that Harry should be writing in his native tongue and not in English

Denis