HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Michelle Burtin

Re: Need to brainstorm about memoir

I suppose I wasn't the only one to be moved by your initial and subsequent posts in this thread, Denise, and I just wanted to say that I feel sympathy for you. I am relatively new to the forum, and so I didn't know what the others probably knew.

I think it doesn't really matter how you tell the story, where you start, how many volumes it is, as long as you tell it. I am no psychologist, but I have a huge and sometimes encumbering sensibility, and I can tell that behind the facade of a joker which you give out to the world, you hide in fact a deep distress, and a terrible sense of guilt. Starting with the guilt of being still alive. Writing is therapy, Denise. Do it. Because you need it. Do it, if only for you.

Lots of love.

Michelle

Denise .

Well, you made me cry, are you happy now?

Seriously, though, I have been writing about it, journal entries, flash fiction pieces, poems. But I am itching to write a story, to become immersed once again in the creative process, and the characters and some of the things that happened to me and to them fascinating. I don't know if I'm ready to write a whole book about Clint yet. I don't think I'm ready for that.

Alex Richardson

I actually disagree. Writing for me is rarely a therapy. In fact, I see how my own problems manifest in my writing and then get even more depressed about it.

And if you're going to hide behind something, what better than humour? It's the only thing that keeps me sane. lol.