HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    P Brown

Brainfart Alert...

Who wants to throw their hat in the ring and beg others to write a totally demented story?

You make the ideas, question is, who can write them into a proper storyline and make it sound like it fits properly?

Think of it as a workshop kind of project for those of us who need a break at storyline ideas.

If possible, if there are enough ideas thrown in, we can have a flash bash and post each of them under a seperate topic for reading only.

Pull up your boots, climb on the back of your wild imagination and take a wild ride with your writing skills.

If anyone thinks it sounds fun, especially with Halloween coming up, drop your ideas below and we'll see what we come up with. Everyone's invited, so let's have a ball.

C Bets

Re: Brainfart Alert...

Joey, Kaitlin and Jennifer, best friends since kindergarten, meet at the local cemetery just after dark on Halloween night. This is the third year of a new tradition for the 14-year-olds. They've never experienced anything before, other than the results of their own vivid imaginations. Tonight, they're in for a real surprise.

Debbi Voisey

Unknown to them, another girl has been looking forward to this meeting, and from a dark place in the cemetery, she hears them arrive. She wants to say hello and to tell them she has missed them this twelve months; that ever since she heard them last year she has wanted to tell Kaitlin how nice her hair has looked since she cut it, and that Jennifer's bright blue braces were the coolest thing.

She wants to say all this, and to join them. But the darkness is too much; the damp too oppressive.

And the coffin lid too heavy.

She lies still and clutches her teddy, getting ready to listen.

Debbi

P Brown

C Bets,
    That could be one that would work. That's the idea of a storyline, folks.

Debbi,
    I could be wrong. It sounded like you thought to write the conclusion here. Sorry, those come after we get a list of ideas. If it was an idea, I should list how they could be setup.

So, here's what the basic ideas for the potential storylines should include:

List the type of person who will be protagonist, the place where the events should occur, the time period (past, present, future) and then list a problem that the writers will have to complete in the story.

<u>EXAMPLE</u>:
    Person: A small boy with a magic baseball cap
    Place: A deserted lake in the woods
    Time: Present day
    Problem: He's lost in the woods, something has chased him and he's lost his magic cap. How will he find his cap and make his way back to the cabin?

Now the storyboard is set. What types can you come up with for a flash storyline?

Remember, its just for fun, folks.

C Bets

Okay - well, I'll leave that as my idea then. (Although I like Debbi's next scene to the story.)

Debbi Voisey

P,

All I can say is "oops".... I was sneaking a look at the forum here at work, and scanned the first post (much too quickly it seems).

I thought it was one of those "each write a piece each" things, and C Bets's post brought that piece to mind.

Sorry to be an oaf! :0|

Debbi

Debbi Voisey

!!!

"Each write a piece each" is my gem of the day. Gosh, I need a break, LOL.

Debbi
    (I promise to stop clogging up this thread from now on!)

Prince Louis Richard de la Pau

Debbi, I loved it - I also thought it was like that game we used to play as children. You know, where everyone has to add a line or two to a story? Still, we'll badger P. Brown to keep your idea in!
    I'm just going to follow the build up for a while, and then I'll come in with my two centimes worth.
    Have fun!

C Bets

What do you say, P B? Can we go that route?

If so, let's start a new thread where the topic makes it clearer that that's what we're doing.

I say this is the start of our story:

Joey, Kaitlin and Jennifer, best friends since kindergarten, meet at the local cemetery just after dark on Halloween night. This is the third year of a new tradition for the 14-year-olds. They've never experienced anything before, other than the results of their own vivid imaginations. Tonight, they're in for a real surprise.

Unknown to them, another girl has been looking forward to this meeting, and from a dark place in the cemetery, she hears them arrive. She wants to say hello and to tell them she has missed them this twelve months; that ever since she heard them last year she has wanted to tell Kaitlin how nice her hair has looked since she cut it, and that Jennifer's bright blue braces were the coolest thing.

She wants to say all this, and to join them. But the darkness is too much; the damp too oppressive.

And the coffin lid too heavy.

She lies still and clutches her teddy, getting ready to listen.

P Brown

I'll tell you what, if you guys want to start a new thread for it, that's fine.

Just make sure that if you make a follow-up post to limit lines and availability so that everyone isn't stepping on each other's work.

I wouln't want someone to think of an idea for a follow up to the last post and then when they get done, find that someone posted ubove them. That would make it a litttle odd.

What I would recommend in that sense would to be that a list of protocol comes into play. To write and paste from another source would be best, that way noone will be typing in a box when someone is posting. It would keep the page and posts fresh and give some a chance to use copy and paste techniques to make sure that the work is sufficiently edited in the event they need to change anything.

If that sounds like it would work for you, go ahead and give it a shot.

I'll sit back and see how it works for you, maybe even add a few twist and turns along the way.

Peace, Pete