HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jon Campbell

Did you ever stop writing because of a broken heart???

I was just reflecting on why my writing stopped for six years. It's been great to return and pick up the prose again. But for the past four years, I had lived a lie. I had loved a woman who kept me tormented and impassioned by her beauty, and witchcraft. She cast a spell on me and I was unable to think or write while we pursued our international romance.

<http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/azghostwriter/album?.dir=fc27&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http% 3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos>

Galina was all I had thought about, dreamed of, and desired for too long. I had moved to Holland so we could be closer together. I gave up my life in America so that we'd be married and have children.

But it was all a lie. She was a pathological liar, and stole my love. She deceived me for too long and when I discovered the truth, she continued to lie to continue a farce.

The passion we shared was unbelievable. Bull fights in Spain, tropical beaches in the Dominican Republic, and romantic drives along the coast of Turkey.

I am going to have a few cocktails tonight and smile whenever I think of the trap she so carefully laid out for me.

Love hurts sometimes. But I'd rather love someone with such reckless abandon then sit home "alone" each night dreaming.

Jon

David M.

Re: Did you ever stop writing because of a broken heart???

I recently endured a painful breakup. But instead of impairing my ability to write, it only seemed to augment it. Maybe it's because I needed to work, and get my mind off of other things. Or maybe because losing something important to me made the writing all that more critical. Everyone needs hope in tough times - my book is my hope. A primrose path, perhaps, but hope nonetheless.

Jon Campbell

David,

I didn't stop writing either. It was when we were together that I couldn't write. I actually think the best thing that happened to me was ending it...

I just wish I hadn't spent "wasted" so much time searching for love when it was inside me all along...

Jon

leslee

Yes. I found it quite difficult to write and sob at the same time.

L Bea

Cue Nazareth:

Love hurts, love scars,
    Love wounds, and marks,
    Any heart, not tough,
    Or strong, enough
    To take a lot of pain,
    Take a lot of pain
    Love is like a cloud
    Holds a lot of rain
    Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts

Iím young, I know,
    But even so
    I know a thing, or two
    I learned, from you
    I really learned a lot,
    Really learned a lot
    Love is like a flame
    It burns you when itís hot

Some fools think of happiness
    Blissfulness, togetherness
    Some fools fool themselves I guess
    Theyíre not fooliní me

I know it isnít true,
    I know it isnít true
    Love is just a lie,
    Made to make you blue
    Love hurts, ooh,ooh love hurts
    Ooh,ooh love hurts

[guitar solo]

I know it isnít true,
    I know it isnít true
    Love is just a lie,
    Made to make you blue
    Ooh ooh love hurts
    Ooh ooh...

Jon Campbell

Bea,

Reminds me of the J. Giles band. But I probably should have threaded this to mean "Did you ever stop writing because of love?"

Once I got over the heartache it was an easy decision to finish editing my current work and pursue the next novel. I've made a conscious decision to forego love for the moment and concentrate on my writing.

Honestly, I feel much better today. Unfortunately, Galina is now a single mom "not mine" and her husband of three months left her for another woman.

Go figure!!!

Jon

Mr. Vomaxx

I thought, when I started reading this, that it was a query letter. I kept waiting for the word count.

Jon Campbell

"Never stop writing for love, but let love help your writing."

Word count: 11

Mark Siet

The truth is as long as we are thinking we are always making up stories. The only difference is that as a writer-thinker you try and make sense of these stories and give them a direction to flow into.

You never stopped writing. You were just developing a finely honed writer's angst. Now look at how it drives you.

Personally I think angst is overrated. Love is always worth it even if it did not work out. Love teaches you lessons in this way. I started out as a songwriter writing songs to express my love for my woman. Today writing non-fiction or fiction it is still the same, an expression of love.

This love affair of yours. How wonderful. You were trying love on for size. After a while it didn't fit. That's okay. You will I am sure find the perfect fit one day. I wish you love, of course. A woman suited to your passion and sense of adventure I would think.

Mark Siet

Jo Swain

Hey, my hearts been broken for 20 years and writing is the only way to ease the pain. On the plus side, it has given my writing a lot of emotion. Of course, I would trade all of it to have that lingering pain just GO AWAY once and for all....