HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    F L Gonzalez

Co-writing the Short Short

Objective:

To help each other write better by 'getting into each other's heads'. This activity can be helpful as a substitute to longer critiques and/or proofreadings since it focuses on short segments. This activity is not for everyone and nonparticipants are gently askede to stay away. While this activity is fun, it is also a serious way to improve our individual style & creativity.

For this to work these guidelines must be strictly kept by all participant writers:

1. Whoever initiates the short short has the right to edit it as a running piece, meaning, the INITIATOR can exclude entries that, in his/her opinion, do not fit the initial theme, style, p.o.v., or historical period.

2. Initiator must periodically write entire work for forum viewing, and post completed short story when done.

3. Initiator can terminate activity at any time.

4. Participants are limited to five consecutive sentences per turn; after their entry they must wait for another writer's imput.

Disclaimer:

I am F L Gonzalez, a writer just like you. The completed work will belong to all of us as a legal entity (if activity is completed). As such I cannot publish it without the consent of participant fellow writers. I appeal to our maturity and open mindedness; no alterior motive exists for this activity.

Francisco Luis Gonzalez
    oneononecampus@wmconnect.com

elijah Bemrose-Fetter

Re: Co-writing the Short Short

It wasn't the chicken coop that was the problem as much as the tree that had fallen onto it.

John Doerper

Huh?

Natalia

FL -

People use writing craft generally as a place to ask questions about the craft or ask for critiques. Just my humble opinion, but I do not hink most people are interested in co-writing anything seriously in this way. We do it in smoko, as something fun. Leslee and a few others told you this and I saw you posted there and also tries to keep it serious. Not sure it will work. Not sure this is the best channel for what you seem to want to do. Just friendly advice. Eules and such do not tend to work lol

-N

Natalia

Rules that is... bleeping spell check!

F L Gonzalez

Just trying to think outside the box.

Roy Abrahams

Put your hands in the air and move away from the box.

Natalia

ROTFL Roy xoxox good to see you again *winky wink*

-N

leslee

FL, you've been posting here for one day, and you expect to have the unquestioning participation of other writers in a project you've determined is important. Seems a bit unrealistic, doesn't it? WNers tend not to go for homework assignments, anyway. We're too busy writing books.

F L Gonzalez

I'm just suggesting ideas - you as an individual do not have to participate. If there are 100 WNers then a few might like old Pancho. Si?