HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Donna Eastman

Re: Vague idea.....

I still like WordPerfect best, too. That business with 2003 is typical with Microsoft. That's part of the same problem some writer friends had with 2005, discussed in a much earlier thread.

Amanda Turek

I hope this isn't too stupid a question.
    How do I move my ms from 2003 over to Works before the stupid trial runs out? Is it an import/export thing? (I've never done that) Or something else?

Carol O

I'd think that if you just save it as an .rtf file, Works would be able to open it.

Amanda Turek

Okay, Carol, I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestion.

pundit

The grammar checker in Word uses a LOT of computer processing power. For small business documents, it's fine, but for novels that are hundreds of pages long, it can start to choke your machine. Use Tools, Options, to turn off the grammar checker, and your machine will probably behave better.

-p

Carol O

Good point, Pundit. FWIW, I break my WIPs into chunks of about 100 pages. Easier to navigate, faster to refresh, etc., etc.

Mark Siet

RAM. 500 MG, 1,000 a Gig is even better. I use Word 2003 on my laptop. No glitches during spell check. Every three minutes Word saves a back up copy in case the power fails. It did once. When I booted back up Word said, 'do you want to restore saved backup,' yes, and I was back in business.

Backup online, to a CD or another hard drive, great suggestions.