Hello All
I hope your weekend is turning out to be fabulous. It is smoldering here. Anyhoo, I want to know what you all think of the opening of a piece I am working on. I have made it short to spare you from reading more than you want to. Thanking you in advance. It is the opening.

After The Funeral

It is like burying him all over again -- putting him away piece by piece into cardboard boxes from the A&P and labeling them for storage in the attic or off to the goodwill box to be picked over in the presence of strangers. Packing away his belongings seems like this strange ritual I am performing for myself because I have to make myself believe that he is actually gone. I have to make his death real for me. I take his clothes out of the drawers, and I fold him away into compartments, depending on their newness, laying my grief out in this mock burial of my father. I unfold **** white undershirts that onced touched his skin, and I close my eyes pressing my face againt the soft cotton-- only to fold them up again. I never learned how to mourn properly. I can\'t cry those cue at funerals. Those obligatory, indistinguishable from weddings and happy occasion tears. My grief is like the brown-paper wrapping kind--concealed for my own private unraveling in the middle of the night.

Should I move the paragraph starting with "I never learned how to mourn properly" from where it is and have the opening end at "I close my eyes pressing my face againt the soft cotton-- only to fold them up again."

Dawn