HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    James Armstrong II

Re: Read Your Story Out Loud!

I concur. I was reading something I wrote the other day aloud and my wife got annoyed with me. I pointed out to her that I need to do this to form the writing. If it doesn't sound right coming out of my mouth then it probably won't make any sense to the reader. Great tool!

-Aladdin Sarsippius Suleminagic Jackson III

A Writer

LOL @ Stephen Hawkings! I can't think of anything else when I hear any kind of computerized narrator. I'm sure that wouldn't work for my fantasy novel, though!

Did any of you see the episode of Star Trek TNG on which S. Hawkings had a cameo appearance? He was playing poker with Einstein and 2 other scientists...

Anyway, I must say I'm feeling very fortunate to have a hubby who WANTS to listen to my story! I mean, I didn't have to bribe him or anything!

Harper

You don't need someone to read to: Read it to yourself. You would be surprised how helpful it is.

A Writer

Actually, I do need someone to read it to. I read out loud to myself constantly, so that's a huge part of my editing process as well. But my hubby still hears things that I don't, because I'm so close to the story (and the characters -- I swear they're real sometimes). I still need his, "That sounds really dorky" or "You don't need that there." Sometimes I fight him tooth and nail, and then I later go back and quietly make the change.