HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    Kathy Rippa

Big problems! AHHHH!

Okay, this is how it is. I'm usually a short story/novella/poetry type person. Had this idea sitting there for about five years decided to stretch it out. Now, I have about five extra characters, a new world map and a bunch of people doing all sorts of things plus the element of science versus theology thrown in for good measure. It seems to be running too fast for me to catch up with it. Is there a'trick' to slowing it down so I can catch up? lol!

Kat

Gale Gorman

Re: Big problems! AHHHH!

I have a little Olympus Pearlcorder that goes nearly everywhere with me, in the car, on walks, etc. When I have ideas I don't want to lose, they go into the microcassette. Sometimes a phrase comes to me when I'm walking that may never come back in the same form.

Gale Gorman
    Houston

john folsom

That's intersting, I do the same thing with the recorder. If I hear a phrase, simile that I like, or if I come across a landscape that I might one day want to describe, I record it.

Gale Gorman

In writing a book or a song, phrasing is everything. Sometimes my best thoughts come as I'm on my early morning walk and if they don't get recorded they may never come back in the exact same form.

I've also recorded my dreams for years and then transcribed them to a journal later. When I wake up in the night with a meaningful dream, I reach for the recorder and make a few quiet notes before they slip away.

Gale Gorman
    Houston

Kathy Rippa

Sounds like I need a recorder..have a notebook but the mind is faster than the pen! LOL! Thanks for that guys.

Kat