HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jason L. Didicher

Software Recommendations?

What programs would yun's (Georgia public schooling) recommend for an intermediate writer? I have always used MS Word, yet am curious of some of the more ergonomic programs on the market. Anyone?

Lindi

Re: Software Recommendations?

My best writing tool is a pencil and a college ruled notebook. Then I use MS Word. I've tried WritePro and StoryBuilder and found them to be glorified index cards. MS Word is the best I've found, but it's a love/hate relationship as MS Word is a bit needy. Ultimately, pencil and pad are where the real writing take place, for me anyway. Each writer is different, of course. ~ Lindi

Brady Boyd

Big Chief Pad and nice roller ball pen.

Brady Boyd

Mike

A marble tablet and a chisel. Sorry, tried not to write that but,... I hate it when my fingers do that. Have a good evening and receive some meaningful responses.

Mike

Lindi

No really, I was responding honestly. I write my best stuff with a pencil and a pad. No joke. No sarcasm. It's true.

Jack Hinks

I use Nisus Writer on a Mac -- a truly great OS 9 application that's about ten times as powerful as Word but stays out of the way. In general, the less obtrusive the technology -- short of pencil and paper, for me anyhow -- the better.

-- JH

Yvonne Oots

Well, another vote for the pencil and paper.......
    Yvonne

Mary M.

If you're an intermediate writer, I recommend using the product you can afford. And I agree with posters who feel many software packages are glorified something-or-another.

I have always used MS Word because it serves my purposes and because I dislike loading and learning new software.

Brad Smith

I used MS Word 97 until I got really tired of it's annoying habits. So I went and got a copy of OpenOffice (www.openoffice.org). The word processor, called OpenOffice Writer, is quite good. You might want to give it a try. BTW, It's free.

Jay Carnine

WodrPerfect 9.0 works well for me.

Seems to be more flexible than Word, but that may be because I've had more experience with WP.

Jay