HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Lisa J. Werth

Edit In Peace Gary!

For almost year and a half, I have seen agents and editors come and go this site.

They didnít need to be here as much as we needed them. Their careers in writing and publishing are set. They didnít get paid to offer their education and experiences. They made this place more worthwhile to visit. Because the majority of us are just writers that wannabe published.

Heaven forbid if they donít sugar coat something. Instead the face scorn for the way they express themselves and are criticized for their comments. It goads them into leaving.

Garyís gone. Iím really glad I got to know him. He helped more people here than anyone. C.H.L. and him werenít the same. But they are both editors. There isnít many more of their caliber around here.

Itís been a major loss to writers.net.

boogop

Re: Edit In Peace Gary!

Agreed, Lisa. OMG how I value egregious b4st4ards above all others. They can do more for your writing in one post than others can in a hundred "great, keep trying" ones.

danielle

Lisa,

Is he gone for good or just working? Didn't he post awhile back about taking on an interim editing position with a publisher? I guess that wouldn't preclude him from offering advice during off hours, though.

Elizabeth

I hope Gary pops back in from time to time - on several occasions he gave me help which I appreciated very much.

Lisa J. Werth

Don't get your hopes up!

It would suprise me if he did reappear. (I base this on emails away from here.)

There are a lot of really nice writers here. And others too.

But without the guidance of people who have been there and done that, what is this place?

Who wants to really be in the dumb leading the blind and deaf situations? One might as well hope another site is out there, or buy a few more books on publishing.

(Gee, I hear Gary & KAZ are putting one together. How many others have the experience and qualifications to do that?)

Lindi

Re: Don't get your hopes up!

But without the guidance of people who have been there and done that, what is this place? Who wants to really be in the dumb leading the blind and deaf situations?

Well, I shall never write another word again. I can barely face another day. This is the end of all meaning. Please, someone kill me now.

Lisa J. Werth

Well Gee Lindi

Given the choice between somebody like Gary and you. Who do you really think the intelligent writers would really choose?

M T

here's my vote!

Take what you want from this (giggle) I choose Lindi! :0D

Lisa J. Werth

I emphasis the word intelligent!

I'm outta here. The place is becoming pointless.

Shane Black

Re: Don't get your hopes up!

It is a pity that the coffee morning crowd have taken over this site. It's still useful for the archives.
    I guess it's time to leave it to those who want to read about MT's pets, toby's stupid dog reports (or was that scruffy?) and Roy's trips to Narius.

C.H.L. offered some hope - is he gone too? I thought he was Gary in disguise.

Let me know about the new site whenever it's up.

By the way Lindi - please don't give up - I think your writing is absolutely wonderful - keep trying - you go girl! - and here's an emoticon for good luck Hugs~~~~.