HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    toby

Toby's letter to the Corinthians

Dear Corinthians,

In these recent days of war and bickering, I can think of no more important subject then ‘safely storing a keyboard away from the desk top when not in use’.

I remember one particular thread at the WN as tho it were a meal ago.

The subject was writing with a pen and paper as opposed to PCing all the time.

We need our desks back. Desks are where our babies are born, and we shouldn’t always be forced to deliver them with fingertips on plastic keys.

The simple solution is ‘Gutter Spikes’.

Some calls them ‘Rainwater diversion trough attachment devices’, but I call them Gutter Spikes.

Hopefully, if there is a god, you have something made of wood no further away then the length of your keyboard’s cord.

Gutter Spikes am a nail, 8 or 10 inches long, specifically made to attach rain gutters to fascia boards. Their easily found if you Google. [www.gutterspike.com]

If not, every man, woman and child should imedeatly forge two or more of these miracle keyboard holders.

Then, drill two horizontal holes,[ slightly smaller then the diameter or just less then twice the radius of the spike], into the leading edge of a nearby bookcase. [Wall studs will work if they’er 16 inches on center, 24 inches O\C. maybe too far apart as my keyboard is 18 1\4 inches long.]

Tap the spikes in, wrap them in the cloth material of your choice, secure material with tape, and bingo.

A qiuck and handy oasis [oases] for the keyboard.

With the top of your desk now clear, you can return to the tactile ecstasy of quality papers and good pens.

Peace, love, dove,
    Toby

Brady Boyd

Re: Toby's letter to the Corinthians

A qiuck and handy oasis [oases] for the keyboard.

I've always wanted the plants on my desk closer to me. So, with these gutters, I can plant moss? How natural. No more rubber mouse pads...just use soft, living moss.

I like it!

Brady Boyd

toby

no gutters, man. just the spikes for pegs.
    toby

Brady Boyd

Hey, I love pork.

I put that pig on a spike and whoomph, the flames crackle, the gravy dribbles down from the cracking meat and into the coals. Oh yeah.

Brady Boyd

Brady Boyd

I checked out www.gutterspike.com and was amazed at all the things these nifty devices can accomplish. I'm getting one for my niece. She has a constant nasal infection and has to hold this zinc alloy gutter to her nostrils (leading to a trough against her right jaw), and these gutter spikes will be the ticket.

Thanks for sharing.

Brady Boyd

toby

Brady Boyd

Brady
    Not ‘pigs, pegs. Galvanized not homogenized.
    And yes, Gutter Spikes are a wonderful thing. They can double on sax, deliver a pizza, and find the slipper that’s been at large under the chase-lounge for several weeks.
    All hail Gutter Spikes
    toby

Brady Boyd

Re: Brady Boyd

Wait a minute, dude. I knew they were versatile, but I saw nothing on that website indicating they could be used in place of a saxophone. Are there some extra attachments I'm not seeing?

What about using them for straightening a beagle's spine after you've smacked it too hard with a Ford?

Brady Boyd

toby

Patch Beagle patch.
    Next to the new george foreman 'road kill grill', the gutter spike is the most versatile thing one can own.
    toothpick
    guitar pick
    scab pick
    lock pick
    ice pick
    pick-up sticks
    take your pick
    ear pick
    nose pick
    belly button pick
    picks up the kids
    picks up the bar bill
    picks up strange women
    and so much more

Oh yea, I borrowed the Sax, Pizza and lounge slipper thing from 'Tom Waits'. Don't want to get in trouble for stealing.

Brady Boyd

You're more original than Tom Waits.

Brady Boyd

M T

lesbians

I thought a gutter spike was a low class dyke? (if it takes you more than two minutes to get my joke you're kicked out of class) ;0)