HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A chat room

Roy Abrahams

A chat room

The chat room has proved to be a boon to some on WN. Last evening there were four in at one time. Plenty of room and lots of real time discussions on writing. Do visit if you have the time. It seems that around eight pm Pacific Standard Time is when most have a few minutes. Looking forward to seeing you at http://mysite2.homestead.com/chatroom.html

Best wishes to all for a great day.........Roy

Picture Book

Re: A chat room

I did, two days ago...but all the guests had left the room!

j

That\'s your personal chat room?

Kane Faucher

I make my peregrinations there on occasion, but I have the sleep schedule of a vampire. I sleep during the day and work at night when the temperature is halfway decent and humane...but I will try 8pm PST (which I suppose would be 11pm my time).

Roy Abrahams

Actually, J, it's just one I put on my site for this particular purpose. Please visit now and then. I think the time may come when someone will be there at any given time. Hope so, anyway. Perhaps a consensus on the best time could be reached?

Roy

Sheer gen

It's been a boon for me. :-) Sometimes, upon not finding anyone there, one can just keep logged-in and check every now and then to see if they had company yet. A lot many writers come and go.

Thanks, Roy, for this thoughtful feature and great service.

ResoluteWriter

Thanks so much for setting up this chatroom, Roy. I went there today and chatted with two WNers. It was so fun to discuss writing in real time. I'm so glad you thought to set this up. I hope to see you (as well as many others who frequent this board) there soon!

Thanks again,
    ResoluteWriter

Lindi Hobbs

Sorry I had to leave the chat abruptly this evening. Hubby called. He was in a nasty car accident during his business trip, and I had to help out with all the insurance mess. He was headed home at night and a car was parked in the freeway lane in front of him. He slammed on the brakes, but the anti lock brakes didn't work and he spun right into a cement barrier. Major boom. Airbags saved his life. Anyway, he finally made it to the emergency room, and had to sit there for 4 hours. Finally called, and I had to leave chat suddenly to see how he is. Good news is: he's okay, just banged up and feeling very sore and emotionally shaken from the ordeal. But everything is okay, thank God. Talk to you all soon ~ Lindi

Patricia Schwitzer

Yes I ventured in a couple of times too. Well done Roy! Chatted a while to sheer and resolute. Will certainly pop my head round the door again soon! Oh Lindi hope the hubby is OK. What a shock. Men can always be relied upon to bring drama into our lives - one way or another.
    See you all soon.
    Trish

Billy C

Actually, it's a bit of a surprise that WN hasn't already established a chat room. Though, I'm sure there must be a reason. There is often a very legitimate reason when we least expect one to be there. Personally, I think the chat room is a good idea. Thanks for setting one up, Roy. I'll be checking back in.