HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yvonne Oots

Re: kudos

Mary to put it simply...... which end of the car has the engine....... having my son explain a computer to me.... and for me to just not get confused and upset... is a major mile stone in his ability to live longer... hehehhe
    the only other thing in this life I want to be able to understand is why people want to fly.....
    (and this is coming from someone who has flown across the atlantic 8 times..)
    Yvonne

Lois

Laptops used to have trackballs. I had to clean them quite often because my hand lotion would make them sticky. They were easy enough to pop out, and clean. However, since the ball was the size of a large black marble, and when it rolled off the table, the cats seized upon it. I ended up chasing two crazed felines around a 5-room apartment until I caught the precious toy in mid-swat.

I am glad laptops now have touchpads.

Lois

Pamela Taylor

It feels good to learn a new skill, doesn't it!

One of my favorite resources:

www.yourdictionary.com has dictionaries of a gazillion languages

Pamela

linton lewis

I used to have atomica on my computer and it was fabulous. You have to be online to use it. You press down the alt key and then left click on the word and it brings up its meaning, like that. It was unbelieveable. What a have now is even better. It's called gurunet. Other than having a great dictionary and thesaursus [I just clicked on this word and found the correct spelling is thesaurus] It has research material on so many things I can't list them. It's a wonderful program.

y'all come

Yvonne Oots

Sounds like a great program, where did you get it.....
    Yvonne

linton lewis

I don't remember. Just go to google and punch in gurunet.

Mary M.

For Yvonne

I've flown overseas a couple of times,too, and never relished being cooped in a gigantic can above all of that water.

At any rate, to expand on your curosity about why people fly, could it be that only one man in history has been able to walk on water?!!!!!