HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Richard Fulgham

Same names - to M.T.

M.T.
    I just read your post from a few days ago. No, I'm not the famous "Robert Fulghum". But aren't you Margaret Thatcher? If not, indeed our mutual adiration society must change. :-) Besides,I learned all I need to know in kindergarten. Uh oh. Richard.

M T

you can call me Maggie

Margaret Thatcher? MARGARET THATCHER????? AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

I hear some guy actually beheaded a statue of this woman and got four months in jail! Come to think of it, I often have the same effect on people ... hm ... perhaps there is a resemblance....

Sully Magma

Re: you can call me Maggie

WEll, at least you're "real people." I'm just a character in a sci fi T.V. drama, "The X-Files," although they spelled my name wrong...

Sully

M T

Sully -- at least you're better looking!

Sully Magma

Smoke and Mirrors, Maggie: Smoke and Mirrors (and Lancome, MaxFactor, Maybelline, Bill Blass, and everything else that helps make us fictional female characters!)

sully

Richard Fulgham

Why sully the waters, Maggie? You know, the kids began calling me "Colonel" when I subbed at high school last year. I was complimented -- I thought they meant authoritative, military and gung-ho. Actually, they meant "Colonel Sanders". I thought, "Those ignorant kids! Don't the remember Richard Burton?"

PS: All the ladies here are beautiful in the secret eye of my mind. And all the men are Indiana Jones.

M T

ScullyluvsColonelSandersluvsMargaretThatcher

Well you've done it now, Richard. We're all in love with you and you alone!

Can't you just picture it? Scully, Colonel Sanders and Margaret Thatcher dancing away into the sunset together....

Sully Magma

Re: ScullyluvsColonelSandersluvsMargaretThatcher

Ha, ha, ha, ha,!
    No, I don't: maybe walking slowly, not dancing.

Actually, I like to imagine us as super heroes, writing and changing the world for good: all the ladies here on this site are comic book heroines, like Wonder Woman, Storm, Rogue, Mystique, Jean Gray, Super Girl, Cat Woman, and so forth (I'm the odd ball: I'm an FBI agent!) and all the men I see as super good-looking gangsters; or maybe a couple of super heroes, like Wolverine, Batman, and Magneto....(I think I've been hanging out with my fourteen year old too much!)

sully

Sully Magma

Speaking of names:

Can anyone give me some good latin or hispanic names for a novel. I hate the usual ones which are cliche and obviously jaded by now: "Jose" and "Maria." But does anyone ever think of a lovely or handsome hispanic or latin woman or man (say Antonio Banderas, woa! or Carmen Miranda) and think of a really beautiful name? Even if you make them up, I need some ideas to peek my creativity.
    I do want to make notice of my characters' origin, since the setting will be in the Spanish region, but I don't want them to be stigmatized. My novel has to do with the latin people in the medeival period, their loves, lives and intellectual, varied perspectives. I am actually trying to make up names that ring with a sense of the latin language...can you think of any?

sully

Roy Abrahams

Sully.......How about.......

Eduardo Escalante
    Fulmina Rojas y Cardeno (with a ~ over the "n", of course)
    Margarita de Salado y Limas
    Philepina Contreras

Next four are a peso apiece

Yours for literary authenticity........Rojello