HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    Jeff

Beyond beyond Iraq

Appreciated the great thoughts. Very helpful in focusing.

Now for a more focused question:

In the post-Iraq environment, what would be a suitable nation to use as a scapegoat should we want to punish someone for an attack lacking any credible evidence for who actually did it?

More specifically, If you really wanted to "clean up Dodge" in terms of a country who provides the most funding and manpower to terrorist organizations, but may be powerful enough to make us think twice before villifying their pseudo-cooperative governments, who would it be? Pakistan, Syria?

Thanks in advance, Jeff

Gary Kessler

Re: Beyond beyond Iraq

Texas? Florida?

Yvonne Oots

Re: Beyond beyond Iraq/Gary

Gary,
    You forgot California???
    Yvonne

marie ohmy

falwell

jerry falwell says it's always the lesbians. i'm sure he knows. after all, he solved the tinky winky mystery.

xxm

Jordie

Re: falwell

France? They seem to hate us these days...

Jordie

Re: falwell

Oh, I got it! Canada! Did any of you see CANADIAN BACON? I just read this hilarious review of it, made by two Canadians: http://www.mutantreviewers.com/rcanadian.html

Sorry, Jeff. Honestly, I think I'd say Iran.

Richard Fulgham

Re: next attack

Kashmir. And I'm serious. What better place for OBL to hide than a contested region between two nations armed with nuclear weapons, like India and Pakistan? I've always wondered why the USA hasn't looked in Kashmir, which borders Afghanistan. What better hiding place for terrorists?

Lawrance George Lux

Re: next attack

Osama bin Laden is living in a mansion about eleven miles outside the Saudi capital, according to sources who I trust. The Saudi are also the largest Contributors to Terrorist organizations of all in the World. I sincerely believe the effort against Saddam has more to do with his independence from Saudi-set World Oil prices, than with weapons of mass destruction.
    lgl