HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Brandy

Critiquer needed... please

Hi all... Its me again )

I have polished ( I think) my childrens story for toddler to preschool/kindergarden age kids and need someone that is willing to let me email it to them and let them tell me what needs to be changed.. if anything. If it has a good base etc....

Any help would be appreciated.. THANKS! Brandy

P B

Re: Critiquer needed... please

Brandy, I would if I could....I'd love to know, WHO else here writes for children? (Pre school-8?)

Apart from Gran, Carmella and Bly?

P B

I mean I'm behind with work and can't....

Granny

I would be glad to if you can wait until Monday. I go totally underground from Friday to Sunday night because I am always buried under student files to critique.

If you really need it quick, I'll have to defer to my children's writing colleagues here.

Gran

P B

Brandy...would you like to send it to me? I'll have a go if I can. See, I couldn't resist. I illustrate MS, so I'm savvy to current trends. Did you read Gran's post about trends, word count, content, meter etc?

P.S. Gran is to be recommended.

Brandy

PB

Yep.. did read Grans comments and tried to make sure my writing did not have them, and if they did that there was no other way to go to make the story ( that I know of )

I would love for you to critique it P B - Gran I don't mind waiting until Monday for your thoughts either. Either one or Both of you would be most welcome.

I am a new children's writer and am open to all ideas and constructive critique on any and all of my writings.

P B - whats your email address so I can send it to you?
    If you dont want to post your email here you can email your
    addy to me at branykins@cafes.net

Thanks for all the help ))

Brandy

P B

P B

Um, no, it's picturebook@writers.net

Click on the blue <u>PB</u>

P B

Brandy..what tense do you want to keep?

Brandy

I would like it to be present tense. But I had a hard time ( and am still having a hard time) of traveling to the pond, and getting to Charlie and his story. I am having trouble explaining how and why I got to the pond and keeping it in the same tense.

Brandy ( I hope that all the above makes since.. not sure I am explaining it well.)