HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kelsey Eghdami

What do you think? Please read!

Chapter one:

A girl, long golden hair swaying with the breeze as she stood atop a rock by the sea. The waves came crashing all around, the dark, moonlit night cast wary shadows upon the land. And yet there was something else that the girl could not see with her eyes, something that her light, blue stare could not penetrate. But no matter. The vail of darkness across the sea thickned, blackened, and enveloped her. Sealing her in an unseen coffin.
    The night air was deathly cold, but the child did not care. She was as ready as she'd ever been. It started to rain. Slow at first, as though the drops were unsure about where to fall, but then their pace became quicker...more rapidly paced. The girl sang their chant aloud, "Drip, drip. Drop, drop. Plop, plop." Her voice as sugary sweet as syrup.
    She looked above her into the stars, the air chilling her to the bone. Above the stars winked at her in a comforting manner. She raised her hands upward, and jumped. She felt the rush of fear, but dared not let it win...let it take over. She broke the surface that broke the quietness of the night like a dagger breaks the skin.
    SPLASH! was the last thing she heard until she felt trapped inside the earth's womb of darkness. She swam upwards, her hands clawing before her, reaching out for air. She found it and pulled herself through, her breath coming in small, painful bursts. She dived back down again, her leg striking rock. She grasped the madallion in her hand and pulled it upward with her. She broke free of the restrain of the watery death behind her, let her senses carrier her to safer lands.
    She swam for the rock, and climbed up. Shivering she pulled the madallion out of her clenched fist and let it swing before her eyes, like a snake before its charmer, she felt like she were going into a trance. She shook her head to rid herself of these thoughts. She looked up above her, then back down at the medallion, and then up again. She held up the madallion, smiling, as if offering it to the sky. "I will never give up on you mother! They will never take you away from me again, I swear it!" And with that, the girl jumped off again and swam back to the mainland. Not far behind her, a raven followed.

Kelsey Eghdami

Re: What do you think? Please read!

The girl ran on, her hair as wet as ever, but her determination growing all the while. The madallion was still clutched tightly in her hand, and still, the raven followed. It was not that the girl was unaware of the raven, it was just that she had a great fear of him. Her Master was already displeased at her nightime wanderings. But if she gave him the madaliion, then she'd be forgiven. It was certain.
    The raven stopped, resting in a tree and watched as the girl ran inside a small cabin. The bird began to preen his feathers, undaunted by the still falling rain. The cold had yet to reach beneath his feathers, he could cope.
    "Master?" The girl said softly, closing the door behind her. "Master?" "Yes child?" a cold voice said behind her. She stiffened and turned slowly around to face him. "Master. I am sorry that I went out again-" "As I knew you must be," he inturrupted with a cold fury. "No more than I deserve to be punished, I deserve to be repaid."
    He made to speak but then said, "Repaid? Why?" "This," said the girl in as calm a voice managable. She handed him the madallion and he snatched it away greedily. "At last!" He turned to the window, a triumphant smile on his face. "And the raven?" he asked slowly. "Outside." she replied.
    "Good..."

Jessica Lacey

HEY

Kelsey Eghdami

Jessica you idiot!

Kelsey Eghdami

Please answer!

Jessica Lacey