HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1920s

Zoe

1920s

I'm doing some research for a novel that is taking place in the 1920s. I was wondering if anyone could offer interesting, little known facts about the time period. Most of what I've found is pretty general. Anyway, I appreciate it, thanks.

-----------------------------------
    visit my online portfolio:
    http://Stories.Com/authors/chloe14
    -----------------------------------

Gary Kessler

Re: 1920s

Why, yes. Ching-ling and May-ling Soong were sisters who didn't particularly get along, so Ching-ling married Sun Yat-sen and helped found Communist China, and, mostly to spite her sister, May-ling married Chiang Kai-shek and helped him to found Nationalist China. And, like the sisters, the two still can't get along.

Isn't this kind of a broad question to expect meaningful responses to?

Gary Kessler

Oh, and this is a REAL corker, the third sister, Ching-ling married the fiancier H.H. Kung and convinced him to walk off with the Chinese treasury, because she didn't appreciate either of her sisters very much.

brian -- cali

Zoe--
    Where does your book take place? I mean 1920s Chicago is gonna be alot different from 1920s Ratwater, Texas. Are you wanting global or local events? What is the scope of your book?

brian

stephen

the roaring 20s ... The Jazz age ..Go to Google type "the 20s" click on the first site.Looks like it might have a few good things.

Marti

Zoe,

Why don't you visit a senior center and see if you can interview older people for their memories about the era? Most people are eager to talk about what they remember, and you will get some authentic details. (Assuming you're talking about the 1920s in the USA.)

Marti