HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    Bryan Wolford

My Idea To Help The Victims

Well I sat all day and watched the tragedy unfold before me much like the rest of the country did. I sat here in Illinois wishing I could do something. There is nothing I can do. The tragedy is on the East Coast. So I began thinking. I want to try and write a book. I want to get some people together and I was thinking that we could do something like this. We all write short stories. Each story takes the view point of a different character in the tragedy. Someone who is sitting watching it on TV. Someone who is trying to help people evacuate the building before they crumble. Someone who is perched atop the building trying to decide what to do. I was thinking of a book of collected short stories dealing with this tragedy. We find a publisher that is willing to publish the book and give all the profits to the families of the victims. I know this is hard to do but I want to take the first step in trying to help even from all the way here in Illinois. If anyone knows of someone that could help me with this then let me know. If anyone wants to help then let me know. If you think this is a bad idea then let me know. Just let your voice be heard. 10,000 people in New York died at the cost of freedom. Freedom that allows your voice to be heard.

Bryan Wolford

M. Helene Keough

Re: My Idea To Help The Victims

Are you suggesting fiction or non-fiction here; the viewpoints of REAL characters? Another thought might be to assemble a book that serves honorably as an open letter (or letters) from the surviving victims to the World's Terrorists. I am sure THEY have words that should be brought to light.
    Either way, people would likely expect the truth and not a fictional reminder of this almost incomprehensible tragedy. It should be done for the right reasons only, and with compassion for the victims held clearly in the forefront like a conspicuous banner. Otherwise, the reminder could become a ghoulish thing.
    Whatever others think or say, it seems to me that the suggestion comes from your heart. Let's see where the idea goes
    Regards,
    Hel

Kathryn

Well Bryan, I think its a good idea. you mean viewpoints from people it didn't directly affect, but affect enough to feel pain for the victims and thier families? In some ways I feel everyone was a victim in this. I know the extent is different but I am in Australia and it has deeply affected us over here. our hearts are breaking for the American people. I am so sorry this has happened to your people and your country. somehow we all feel its the end of something and the beginning of something else. all our TV stations have stopped normal programs so we can follow it live and we hope more and more survivors are found. it's just left me,my family, friends and everyone here feeling sick.

Kathryn

Bryan Wolford

Well a good note to everyone who has expressed intrest in this idea. Seems I wasn't the only one who had an idea like this. On www.zoetrope.com I also posted my idea and a woman told me of someone that she knew that was a publisher who was looking to put something like this together. She mentioned it to her and the publisher told her to have me email her as soon as possible. So I've emailed her and now we may be on the fast track to getting this together. I will let everyone know more when it is available to me. But if you are interested in helping and have not yet recieved an email from me then email me and tell me that you want to help.

Bryan Wolford
    freakwolf@yahoo.com