HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Jane Casey

Re: Re Sully

Sully,

You're distracted? Ha, now you no why my husband wanted to kill me. He would have probably, only I wouldn't let him out from under the bed. Well, maybe once in a while.

But do you notice how darn selfish that Norman is getting?I think he's drank too much Old Crow and turning into one.He can't deal with us young pups.

dJane

Jenny Hilton

Re: Re Jane

Help Jane!!!.....You did such a great job. I still have today .....Any more pages would be greatfully recieved.

Jenny

Jane Casey

Now Jenny,

What kind of deal is this? I'm on my play time. My gosh, here we are talking all these happy drinks and all you want me to do is work.

Party pooper. Tell Mary there it is. It's finally said.

How soon do you need more Jen? What time is it down yonder?

Jane

Patricia Cooper

Actually, now I have got the dreaded MTX cleared up (thanks Jane for the great warning), I've gotten into the last of my Sloe Brandy -- Now THAT I brought from Ireland with me in the spring. Believe me, it's enough to blow anybody's head wide open and would even satisfy Norman's discerning masculine preferences.

patC

P.S. If anyone wants the recipe I can provide that too. Just to give you a hint. You make Sloe Gin and then use the ginsoaked sloes to make the brandy -- so it's a double whammy and about 120 proof.

Jane Casey

Pat,

What are you doing? With a name like Casey, you would dare flaunt Irish brandy when we live at opposite corners of the of the continent. For shame!

You know we do an awful lot of talking, but I don't think a one of us can pull ourselves away from the comuter to go buy a drink. Do you think we can get arrested for drinking and driving-----the computer?

Jane

Patricia Cooper

Jane et al:

Of course we could (get arrested that is) but only in Canada eh! Pity -- let's face it, as the night gets longer and wetter, our spelling gets wusser and wusser.

Pat

Jane Casey

Pat,

Are you telling me in Canada we can actually get arrested for driving the computer, when were tipsy.

In that case, don't anyone go to Canada, we can all get tpsy just off the fumes of Norman's drinks.

Jane

Sully Magma

Hey girls,

Didn't you hear Norman? He told us to Shove off! This is HIS thread--he bought and paid for it--still making payments on it, too!

Speaking of "hogwash," what good was that monkey story to our present day writing, anyway?

If we keep getting told how invaluable we are as creative artists, we'll all have writer's block and be working for Aprile, teaching moronic computer geeks HOW TO WRITE, instead of writing ourselves. Which brings me to my point:

Why don't writers (including those traitors, the English Ph.D's) stop giving away to non-writers, our most treasured and valuable possession--our creativity so they can make pseudo-creativity--we create the hacks ourselves!!

Maybe we ought to stop writing books about "How to write" and start writing more books....period! Maybe we ought to invite publishers, editors and literary agents to a private club, where no one is allowed unless they show some REAL creativity in their work...or at the very least charge them to drink at our bar...foo foo drinks, not the hard stuff---ooops! I just did it, didn't I? I stepped on the man's thread!
    --sully

Jane Casey

Re Sully

Sully,

With your ideas of buying low, selling high and having a club with skilled writers in our bar makes you a man after my own heart. But I had courage enough to post one scene I wrote under Find the Conlfict. Are you going to have courage enough to critique it, or do you need to hang out at the bar awhile longer?

Jane

Sully Magma

Re: Re Sully

Sorry Jane,
    Been in a tizzy at these recent moments in the last few days, with other issues, and frankly haven't read your "Find the Conflict."

You'll forgive me, I'll do better next time. For now, I'm preparing for a trip to Santa Barbara, and then to New Orleans (this end of year gig), so I won't be critique-ing much these next days or weeks, as I still have deadlines, and other "foo-foo" ladies junk to do .
    But--and there are always those, you know: (they get us out of a lot of trouble)--I will come back inspired and ready to rumble with you folks--wish me luck: I've got a hell of a sales pitch to do, and I could use some love and support from my...friends? (well, I haven't any fans, yet).

With love,
    Sully