HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Norman

You thought it was tough now

Sully Magma

Re: You thought it was tough now

What on earth was that all about, Norman...did you read to the end? It's "pure fiction." Oooops! did I give it away?

You had me tearing my hair out, how could you--it's an April Fools joke---meanie! (just kidding.)

--sully

Victor Miller, Sr

Interesting premise, Norman. It may have more truth to it than the writer intended. The future is coming faster than we can imagine. Look how computers have done away with so many artists already. Can writers be far behind?

Brian H.

Yeah, machines could write novels.
    All they would have to do is, say, pick some popular established story like Star Wars, and use the same characters and just fill in the blanks with more furry ewoky blah blah blah and people will eat it up just like it was real ficiton.

Brian H.

Hey Sully, I see you are in Ontario. I'm over west in Alberta, eh.
    Do you know of any good Canadian agents?

Norman

Actually, I'm looking forward to the near future when machines start posting on these boards. Oh wait.......we already have the mindless drivel and droning of machines covered. Never mind.

Steve

Brian,
    Haven't you had enough fun sparring with Ann? Geez, lay off the Ewoks!

Sully Magma

Hey Brian,

Agents are a dime a dozen, but hey! I know a few good bars....how 'bout we start ourselves a writers' group in one of 'em, and the agents can come to us, if they like the ambiance we can surely round up' (anyone knows writers are the best when it comes to partying down! Think of Hemingway, Faulkner, Carver, and Erdrich, but hey, although most of 'em are dead now, they still knew how to turn a phrase, tug a heart, and pull a string here, and there, or two...now. What bar do you know we can meet at, that would like us there every week or month, at least?

--sully

My point: yes, we've gotta get the damn agents, but first we gotta get our....writing together....our people united....(sounds like a union campaign don't it? Oh no! I think I've had too many margaritas again...it's hot like hell out here, and I've been in the pool and drinking margaritas all afternoon---wanna join me anyone?)

Valerie Moreau

Hot in Canada, hey I'm in florida, I can tell you about hot, but since you are offering pour one for me. Ah make it a double. As for the computers writing novels. Hey if it will get me out of typing, fine. I talk it types. Yes, I know they already have things like that. Has anyone here ever used one of those point and speak? They don't work very well. Then again neither do my fingers today.

Sully Magma

Valerie,

You're funny this afternoon! Have you been drinking too many margaritas, too?

So Florida's like hell, too, heh? Well, I'm beginning to worry we're ALL IN HELL! I just poured you a margarita: however, seeing how's you ain't coming here, too soon now, I thought I'd do you the favor and drink it as a good friend might do.

I L'dOL when you discussed that interesting topic Norman brought about--the computer--April fools' joke--not for real (you read the ending, I presume...and why do we still put an "a" in read when we mean red?)

I still think we ought to get together and meet in California, (or Canada) and get a writer's group going "a-la American Writers Wilderness" and discuss our really invalid quirks and funny intellectual misalignments, so that we could stimulate each other and become the next "beat poets" group, only in prose. What do you think, Valerie?
    --sully