HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Chris

Is the Novel in Progress actually happening?

What's going on with this; has it been forgotten, or is everyone just waiting for everyone else? Sorry to be the pessimist, but if it carries on at this rate, nothing will ever emerge.
    Its going to be hard enough to organise even when the ink is flowing thick and fast, so if no one else is bothered, I'm out.

silver owl

Re: Is the Novel in Progress actually happening?

as i said before, i am not writing chapter 1.

El Matador

A QUICK ADIOS

Having received nothing from any writers except Chris Cox and Travis Williams in the form of words, I am cancelling this event at my site. Chris Cox and I will write a novel if one is to be written because I have seen his work ethic and applaud it. As for the rest of you, I thank you for sharing the vision but today I announce that the project has ended. Matt Locke I never saw a character yet from you, Sheena thanks for your contribution but this isn't something that we can do every now and then and get results. El Matador wishes all of you the best but this isn't a project that I am interested in watching die slowly so I kill it now. Adios novel in progress.

Chris

Re: A QUICK ADIOS

OK El Matador,
    We'll sort it out via e mail? Sorry it didn't work out guys, but it seems to me that you'd rather hang about in writers groups and forums talking about how cool it is being a writer than to actually write. No hard feelings.

Sam Stinson

No hard feelings taken, I've asked DOZENS of questions in an attempt to get some idea as to which direction I should go in starting my chapter, after getting ignored each time I gave up, I guess the story was not meant for me to be a part of. Still I wish the rest of you success in making it work.

silver owl

i suspected this the first week of it. i'm sorry, but i really didn't have my heart into it after that. you two will do better alone on it.

Chris

It was Matt's idea...

It was Matt's idea, and I didn't have much faith in being able to bring it together smoothly; but all in all, of the writing and ideas that I've submitted, it only took me about an hour of my time. I paid it no more thought after that until the next allocated session. I thought we could at least throw a load of stuff into the pot before we met any difficulty, but we didn't even get that far. The way everyone (except me/Travis Williams) talked about it, I thought we'd be inundated with ideas and material. I even doubted if I could keep up with the frenzied pace of all you guys' enthusiasm.

Sam - That was the beauty of the original idea, that you could approach it in any way you pleased.
    Oh well, no harm done!

Matt Locke

Yeah, I know. Sorry...

Oh, damn. You guys, I'm sorry. Way too much outside stuff began to creep up on me, and I never got around to even developing my character. I'm sorry I've wasted your time. I did like some of the ideas I saw, including Chris' character up on El Matador's site, so I'm really sorry for kind of leading you along like that.
    If you all do continue it, then at least show it to me. As much as I bastardized and abused the concept, I still would like to know how it turned out.

Matt Locke

Yeah, I know. Sorry...

Oh, damn. You guys, I'm sorry. Way too much outside stuff began to creep up on me, and I never got around to even developing my character. I'm sorry I've wasted your time. I did like some of the ideas I saw, including Chris' character up on El Matador's site, so I'm really sorry for kind of leading you along like that.
    If you all do continue it, then at least show it to me. As much as I bastardized and abused the concept, I still would like to know how it turned out.

Chris, by the way-I'm not a writer. I am only in high school, a bit too early to make a career choice. Therefore, I don't exactly have the time to keep a professional work ethic, as other people do who call themselves writers. Maybe I ought to drop the title of 'writer' until I get more free time, but regardless, I still love the craft. And while, yes, it is fun to call yourself something you are not, I prefer writing. It's just that time for doing the former comes a lot easier then time for doing the latter. As you may well know.

Chris

Re: Yeah, I know. Sorry...

Sorry Matt, I wasn't referring to you as much as the others; after all, you wrote the prologue! Thanks for the new poem by the way, it's really good. I know what you mean too about stuff creeping up, life has a way of weighing you down. Besides, big talk aside, I'm a security guard! Oh well, catch ya later.