HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    El Matador

THE NOVEL IN PROGRESS IS READY, WILLING, AND ABLE...

Okay AMIGOS, I have posted the PROLOUGE ON MY SITE. It is a small beginning and we will soon be unveiling a much larger production. However, it is a point of reference for us all and we can now begin the process of writing and assigning the chapters. I VOLUNTEER for Chapter 4. I don't know what anyone else wants to do however so let me know. matt, email me anytime and we will get this thing going. You can post it here if you like so all can see.

My site is at www.elmatador.homestead.com and the link that says NOVEL IN PROGRESS is where the early stages lie. Any ideas can be sent thru the submission page by clicking on the cactus (you'll know when you see it). I like the start so far and want to see this thing come out. Please drop into the site. I'm about to do more and more and soon it wil grow and this project will be a great help to it. Amigos, this is going to be a great venture and soon it will start...

Matt Locke

So where is everyone else?

I'll start writing a chapter, but it doesn't necessarily have to be the first chapter. I'll set it up so that it doesn't have to be. I'm going to begin after I finish online.

silver owl

Re: So where is everyone else?

okay! i'll start gathering ideas, but i am not going to jump into a chapter until i am told what is going on in the story...
    sheena

Sam Stinson

I'll be in touch soon.

Matt Locke

As far as the story goes, all that is concrete is the background, of how the castle gets to be "alive" if you will, which is in the prologue, and then the idea that it plays with all of your fears, and all of that. I think the first chapter that each of us write should introduce our own character, and get this character to the castle. They've all been invited, by the way.

Chris

Be right with ya...

I'm gonna make a start tomorrow on mine, but who do we send the chapters to when they're done?

Matt Locke

Re: Be right with ya...

I would guess to el matador, and then we can all read it when he posts it up.

silver owl

Re: Be right with ya...

i had an idea last night while i was making dinner. i was thinking that we should all write a version of the first chapter and we can put them all together. it's like making soup... everything plays it's own part in the whole.
    sheena

EL MATADOR

OKAY AMIGOS

I like the ideas here and I've already recieved a fabulous new character from Chris. What I want to do, and if you guys agree let me know, is get a character from each of us and post them in a section on my site so that we know the main cast. Then, we can make them come alive. The different first chapters also made me think of a good thing. I LIKE THE DIFFERENT 1ST chapters and how about making it a novel with a number of odd twists and parallel universe types of things.

I will update my site once a week at the very least and I'll have my character up soon. Travis Williams has also sent me some writing on a character and I'm excited to post his as well. THIS IS GOING TO BE GOOD AMIGOS. EL MATADOR CAN FEEL IT!!!!!!!!!!!

hasta luego...

silver owl

Re: OKAY AMIGOS

okay, maybe we should just make the castle a pawn. like every door leads to a different dimension. the characters have to find their way back.
    and i think that my character is probably going to be from a different dimension. i'll send you all a picture of her soon.