HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Matt Locke

The novel in progress

OK, I kind of ignored the topic when I didn't see any responses after awhile, and when it got bumped back, I figured it was dead. Well, a little boredom has allowed me to see that it isn't. OK, so, this is what I have assembled so far. The authors are
    Sheena
    Sam Stimson
    El Matador
    Chris Cox
    Travis Williams(Great play by the way, I read it at Horror Showcase)
    Me.

So right now, I'll throw my weight around and say this is enough authors, for now. If we even finish this one, and get to another one, then we'll evaluate and see what else we can do. If you don't want to be involved any more, just let us know here.

Now...

Although this had initally been planned to be horror, I think the inclusion of new authors since that desision may call for a recount(groan!). So, these are some genres, make your vote.
    Horror
    Sci-Fi
    General Fiction
    Mystery
    Adventure
    Crime/Noir
    Romance(you never know.)

Personally my vote goes for Horror, followed by a Crime/Noir story. List your two choices.
    When this has been voted on, then we can brainstorm for ideas. But until then...

I'm glad you all are still interested in the idea. I'm just sorry I didn't get back to you all sooner.

silver_owl

Re: The novel in progress

okay, lets do it the "Florida way"!
    my vote's still for horror.
    let me make myself clear, i am NOT going to do the first chapter, you guys can just fight over that by yourselves.
    sheena

Sam Stinson

Hi Matt,
    I'm Sam, how about a Horror/mystery?
    SAM

Matt Locke

Me, I'm still in for horror, but we need to get the opinions of the other authors, too.

Sam Stinson

I guess horror is cool,theres a little "mystery" in them anyways. I'll check back in later.Hope some more authors drop in to see whats going on.

silver_owl

O_O knowing them.....
    *is going to sit back and listen for a while*

Sam Stinson

I've been checking my screen off and on, I guess it is still early!check back in ONE hour.
    SAM

El Matador

HORROR AMIGO!!!!!! I know my fellow authors will agree. Let's tear this thing up and make a new kind of horror for the world!!!!!

Travis Williams

HORROR!!!!!!!!

I've got to agree with El Matador. Horror sounds like the truly best way to go. We've all got a thing for it and I feel like that passion can turn into pages.

Matt, thanks for checking out the play and I'm glad you liked it. I hope to get one going on the HORROR SHOWCASE sometime in the future where others can join in and it'll be like a HORROR SOAP OPERA of sorts. It's in the very distant future for now but this NOVEL IN PROGRESS is something I'm very excited about. I'd like for one of you guys to start it off and then just let me know when you need me to write.

Matt, Sheena, Sam, I'd like to invite you guys over to the HORROR SHOWCASE to submit your HORRORIFIC WORKS. The site's growing and Chris has fixed it really cool. I'm thinking if enough of us get at it, we can build a WEB within the Web of Writer Sites and get ourselves some real exposure. Anyway, check into it and let me know about the novel.

Sam Stinson

Then HOrror it is - ta bien miho. I'm ready to get started.