HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Matt Locke

Anyone interested?

I'm looking for someone, preferably around my age (15) but it doesn't matter, really, to co write a novel/story with. I don't know exactly how this idea came about, but it seems like it would be very interesting experience, and most likely fun. I'm looking to write basically any kind of novel, but anyone can bring their ideas to the table.

El Matador

Re: Anyone interested?

Sounds like an interesting idea. I'd like to try it too. What type of story? Perhaps we could start with a short story and then progress to novels. I also recommend that you check out the site of my friend Chris Cox at www.homestead.com/horrorshowcase/home.html I very much enjoy the writings there and we could do a horror work and get them to put it out for us there. The SHOWCASE is growing all the time amigo and I'm really into HORROR lately. Let me know what you think on this one. Hasta luego

MAC

I don't know how much time I'd be able to devote, but on another site, I saw a message thread that was devoted to add-along story. Each person contributing would write, a page, a paragraph, whatever, stopping, preferably at a key point or statement, to allow the next person to pick up. This is a great idea generater. I don't know how it would work here, and I don't have the web site skills to create something like that, but I think I would be an interesting thread to follow if someone is willing to start it.
    Not to take away from your idea Matt, but if you and a buddy or two wanted to try this I think your story would have some interesting twists and turns...

Good Luck

Matt Locke

A website that I frequent, www.gamefaqs.com, while primarily devoted to video games, they do have an intricate set of message boards, one of which is designed for roleplaying and fanfiction. The roleplaying here is basically-someone creates a world, or uses a premade one, people make their characters, and the author of the topic begins with a story, and hints people to the way the story will progress through their posts, and at the end or beginning of the message, sometimes tells people straight out. This is a very interesting idea, because although a one can get a good idea going through these, and they're a heck of a lot of fun. At those boards, I'm the user michinoku. I've gotten a good amount of ideas from these.

El Matador, I was hoping someone would mention horror or supernatural. Anyone else interested? I think this could be fun.

Chris Cox

Yeah Matt; maybe we could start a horror thread at the Showcase, like the ones you've already mentioned. Go to the site and see if you can get any ideas! There's a submissions page, and it shouldn't be too much trouble to set it up!
    http://www.homestead.com/horrorshowcase/home.html
    There's some of El Matador's work on there too and he's a really talented guy!
    If you go there, please sign the guestbook and let me know what you think of the site. We could do like a chapter per person or something!

Matt Locke

I will be checking out that site as soon as I'm done posting this message, but until then:
    The way I've heard of doing multi-author books, is that each author writes their own seperate character, and places them in an already agreed upon scenario or environment. The authors then write the story line progression, and then each succeding author writes their character into the scenario. It then alternates, until the conclusion is reached. At least, that's the way I've heard it. Any other ideas are probably good, too.

Travis Williams

Sounds like a cool idea

I'd like to get involved in this one too. I think a group novel of horror/sci-fi/etc. would be an excellent thing to start up and perhaps we could make a new trend out of this thing. Instead of being the next Stephen King, we could be the next Stepehen KINGS. Think about it!!!! Count me in though!!

Matt Locke

Where do we begin?

I've checked out the site, Chris, and it seems like it would be a good place for the story. My question a few things -first, how many authors want to be involved, and secondly, what the plot and progression will be.

Chris Cox

Re: Where do we begin?

It's your call Matt; maybe we should setup a site exclusively for it, and then when its ready, link it up to everywhere, or print it off or do whatever ya want with it! Seriously though, it was your idea. I like the thought of a character each; that would be fun.

sheena bandy

Re: Where do we begin?

that sounds cool, is everyone invited to be involved? if so, then count me in.
    sheena