HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Challenge

El Matador

A Challenge

I propose a challenge!!!!!!!!! A Contest of sorts! What will be the prize? Well, as always, something that you win!!!!!!! Seriously, I wish to propose a contest at my website for all interested writers of poems. There will be no prize worth money but you get a personal letter from El Matador praising your work. I have a team of professional writers with me to judge the poems and none of them can be over 30 lines because I hate reading long long long poems. Send me your works when you visit http://elmatador.homestead.com and I will announce the winner after I receive the first 10 submissions. What I am looking for here mainly are young writers or the young at heart and I will not take any rights to your work nor will I show them to anyone. Unless ofcourse you prefer to put them on the site on display. This will be an interesting way for all of us to come and judge and I hope to build it into a mega contest soon when you not only get a letter from me, but also from someone else. So get those entries rolling in and if you wish you can put them right here in a reply. That way we can get all the people involved in this contest. I will let you know my winner soon and I wish you all the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!

silver_owl

Re: A Challenge

i'm gonna enter, i wish everyone else great skill and luck in the contest.
    sheena

Travis Williams

Matador,

Count me in for the contest. I'll email it right over to you.

silver_owl

come on! we only need like 8 more entries!!
    please enter!

Matt Locke

Alright, I think I'll check it out.

Sharon Festerson

I really like the site that El Matador has created and those first two poems are really well written. As a reader who found out about the site from this forum, I want to say that I may get my daughter to enter that contest. She's got some potential in poetry a lot like the young girl who calls herself Silver Owl. Best of luck to all and thank you to El Matador for giving us something interesting to watch.

silver_owl

hey, way cool!
    how old's your daughter, is she about my age? i take it you know my age cause you brought me up. i hope she enters the contest, that would be cool! you think maybe i get to meet her? then i'd be with another friend in this contest ^_^
    oh, and you can call me sheena ^_^