HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    Andy Campbell

Keeping track of chapters

I\'ve been writing a book over the last 2 years and, because I only get the occasional hour to sit down at it ( Kids, soccer .....) I have been having trouble keeping track of all my chapters. Occasionally I re-write chapters only to find I preffered the last one but I have overwritten it accidentally....

Well I came across a geat piece of software called \'i-Memorize\' which I have been using for the last couple of months and my writing productivity has gone through the roof !! It\'s, basically, a file management system but it is great at keeping track of latest versions of my chapters and it keeps copies of all versions of files so if I want to play with a chapter then pick the best of my \'what if\'s\' I can do it easily.

I thoroughly recommend it for any writer\'s who dont have anything like it - it has a free version which you can try to see if it works for you and then then it costs about $50-150 depending on the version you want. I am using the \'Bronze\' version which has been great and I am thinking of upgrading to the Gold version .

Try it out and see if it works for you...their website is www.i-memorize.com

I\'m looking forward to publishing earlier than I had thought now and it has certainly helped me up the quality of my story line.

Keith .

Re: Keeping track of chapters

I gave you a 1 out of 10 on the creative Spam scale over in the Agents Forum for this post. Now I just think you're a douchebag.

Andy Campbell

Keith - I posted this because I thought it would be helpful to a few people in my position - I'm sorry I offended you but, to be honest your tone is a little less than respectful - I did not intend this to be spam just helpful to people - if you have a better solution to the issue I referred to I would be grateful to hear it

Keith .

You may be selling something useful. Who knows? But then you should say so rather than pretending to be what you're not. Talk straight. BS is rude and insulting.

Hardly a week goes by where someone doesn't come on here pretending to be something he's not while trying to hoodwink inexperienced writers. If that's not you, then I apologize.

Andy Campbell

Keith,
    I just walked into the bar - you started shooting and, for your information, the only thing I am pretending to be is a writer but it's not for want of trying !

I don't know why you are assuming I am selling something - I just found a tool that was useful and thought I would offer up that peice of information based upon my mistaken assumption that helpful hints were acceptable based upon a post I read from someone called Raven (?) in one of the other forums.

Firing insults at someone is insulting not offering help !

Raven Nights

Andy,

While I can accept that someone new may well have looked at my post (only the one mind you) and thought to add their own ideas or 'finds'.
    Using me as you appear to be doing (above) isn't acceptable; oh and by the way, doesn't follow the timeline.

You see you replied to my post @ 12.46pm (11 March) BUT by that time you had already posted several times, @ 12.39, 12.41, 12.42, 12.43 & 12.44pm before you got to my post (possibly as mine was at the bottom of the list?) when you posted @12.46pm.

So, with that in mind, you may want to reconsider taking the lead from 'someone called Raven (?)' and just acknowledge that you either posted madly and without consideration or that you are indeed, spamming.

I am no longer sure 100% which it is, but I am sure of one thing, you are attempting to use my innocent post to give credit to your own copy and paste half dozen odd.

Cheers,
    Raven

Sam English

Problem is, Andy, just like 100% of the hundreds of spammers that hit this dinosaur of an unmoderated board, you didn't take the time to look around and get the feel for how this board works -- its conventions and standards. YOU walked in a shot first firing your spammy-looking post on EVERY forum here. Looks like spam, smells like spam...it's SPAM to us!! If you have NO financial interest in that site -- zero -- and are here because you like hanging out with writers (and yes...many of us are still yet-to-be-published) then own up to the 'my bad', participate and hang around. If you DO have a financial stake in that site -- even a buck -- then man up, admit it and stay if you're really interested in contributing. It's a real give-and-take here...brutally honest and worth every bruise.