HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Charles Bancroft

Back of Book Index for Bible Verses

Might anyone know how I can build a Scripture Index? Using MS Word (Mac 2008) I am able to generate a general index, but I cannot seem to find a way to organize by Bible book order (i.e., Genesis, Exodus, etc.). Is there a known software to recommend, or perhaps another native program to use? Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

Laura Mollett

Re: Back of Book Index for Bible Verses

Do you mean a Biblical concordance? Would one for a standard translation do, or do you actually need to compile your own?

Charles Bancroft

Re: Back of Book Index for Bible Verses

No, not a concordance. I think the term is "Scripture Index." The book cites Bible verses throughout (topic: Christian theology), and I'm looking for a way to generate a back of book Index for these verses (arranged in book order, not alphabetic). I own many books with this feature in the back matter and was wondering if there is a way to build it other than manually one by one (probably 200 citations or so, maybe more).

I do not know if this may help or not in our case, but there is a program called PDF Index Generator that you can use to create an Index for your book.

This thread is two years old, Damien. He probably didn't see your post. You might want to check dates before taking the time to contribute.
    Cindy

And be at peace... the universe is unfolding as it should

How do they find these old threads?

Never mind, I know: They stick a word like "Bible" into the Search box and eureka! Up pops a whole slew of threads (sometimes going back to 2001 or whenever) with the word Bible mentioned somewhere.

(I wonder what happened to Bible John. )

*_*.

Damien's first post, too. Weird.

Well ... When staying all the day trying to find a way to do this for my book ... I thought it would be helpful to mention this here may be it will help to others as it did for me after i found the answer ... That's the benefit of forums, or am i mistaken ?!!

To avoid the confusion, just plainly state: I know this is an old thread, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Avonne Writer View Post
    To avoid the confusion, just plainly state: I know this is an old thread, but.....
    Thanks for the advice Avonne ... I think i will not reply to old posts any more ... But really writers.net is very interesting. A very good writing resource here for me.

Thank you for the effort everyone ... I have read many nice posts here.