HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Ronto Yukimaru

Re: Crit Groups

Thanks, Dan Z, for pointing out my math error - good grief, 6 X 500 and I get 6,000. Don't I feel sheepish.
    ---
    Don't worry, I'm horrible at math too.

We had MAT testing this week, and today was math computation. 1 hr and 45 minutes later, and only 30 problems, I had a headache afterwards.

=O And I didn't even have time to check over my answers...
    ---

Also, I think I missed something again (I'll not use any math this time)... I haven't seen anything to insinuate Ronto is being direspectful or insecure in any way. In fact, I think that for his age, he's shown higher level of maturity than many others we've seen come through here. I agree that he's looking for validation, but I think he's using tact in regards to the feedback he's received - both good and bad.

---

I could hug you, but since you're a total stranger, I'll just say "Thank you!" for pointing that out.

I'm not TRYING to be rude or disrespectful.

Like I've said before, yes, my tongue is a bit sharp and my wit and humor is a bit uncalled for (or is it? =/) but I don't think I've said anything that could be classified as 'rude' 'disrespectful' or 'pugnacious'. Right?
    ---

That said, Ronto, you did post way to damn much as far as sections of your book. I read some of the first posting and actually thought it was written well, I was pleasantly surprised. As you've pointed out, you've got some work to do, but I think you've got talent.
    ----
    =D

Best feedback I've gotten on the actual story all week!

But I've learned my lesson- post less than 1,000 words for an excerpt (at most) and only the bits you really want people to see/judge by.

I'm very glad you thought it was written well, because it tells me I'm on the right track. =D
    ---

Do the work. Follow the good advice you've received on this board. Finish the book.
    ---

I've recieved a LOT of good advice here- and I intend to follow it. I don't know how long it'll take to finish the book, but judging from the replies I got here, finishing the book is only the beginning, isn't it?

^_^

Busy Lizzy

I've recieved a LOT of good advice here- and I intend to follow it.

Well, Ronto, if you are a 14-year-old who is actually listening to advice...
    ...then, Wow!

I'm impressed. And we're ready to forgive your impatient foot-tapping thing. :-)

Ronto Yukimaru

Well, Ronto, if you are a 14-year-old who is actually listening to advice...
    ...then, Wow!

I'm impressed. And we're ready to forgive your impatient foot-tapping thing. :-)

---

Mrmpf. rofl.

Sorry, it made me laugh. Every time I remember the foot-tapping thing, I'm remembering this thing where someone says "Come to the dark side- we have cookies."

But yes, even if I don't like taking my parents' advice (like drinking my milk) I'll take yours on writing.

Because I did ask for it after all. =D