HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Huned Contractor

Short Story Contest

SHORT STORY CONTEST:

For all aspiring writers out there who have been bubbling with stories that need to be told to the world, here's a grand opportunity to get published.

Mirage Books has organised a short story contest with a difference. If you think you have it in you to be bold, meaningful and different, then go for it. Most importantly, 'break the rules' in your own way. Let ideas take wings. Bring out something exciting, path-breaking and nerve-wrecking. Show us how you can prove the dictum that rules are always made to be broken and your story will get published in our upcoming title, which is named – you should have guessed it by now - Break The Rules.

All you have to do is send your story with a word length of about 1,000-1,500 words through email. Each published story will be accompanied with the writer's short bio and photograph.

And, you may well ask, what's the purpose behind this project? As a new-age publishing house that is going to introduce some dramatic changes in the world of books, we believe that there has to be a platform for budding writers so that their ideas and expressions can reach out far and wide. Most reputed and established publishing houses have no time to spare for budding and amateur writers. All that they want to do is to capitalise on recognised names that guarantee sales.

Anyway, so what are you waiting for? Just hit the keyboard and send us your story in English. The contest closes on October 15, 2008.

For any further enquiries or clarifications, shoot an email to miragebooks@gmail.com. For submitting stories use the email: submitmanuscript@gmail.com.

Cathy C

Re: Short Story Contest

Most reputed and established publishing houses have no time to spare for budding and amateur writers

Sorry. Any hope you had of convincing me to tell anyone about your "contest" was killed with this line. It's patently false, which any budding writer can find out in five minutes on Google.

My suggestion to WN lurkers is to ignore.

S Stull

I think I'll send it in German instead.... Heheh:

Meine Geschichte fängt an und beendet. Das Ende. Ja? Ich wundere mich, wie gut sie dieses schätzen würden? Sprechen Sie Deutsches!!

Where's that email... woah. The hospital staff just came out of the door pushing a giant trolley/stretcher thingy with NEEDLES AND TUBES! ME? O.o

Huned Contractor

Hindi
    Achi German likh di hai.....tab hi teri book aaj tak nahi chapi...zara german ke saath saath tameez bhi seekh leta to acha hota. Ab russian me.
    In Russian
    Ti khorosho govorish po nemtskii, no dolzen bil ne mnoshko dumat, picat eto ne oboznachaet shotbi ti poteryal uvazenie dly vcevo v mire, noverno dly etovo i sidish bez knigi do sekhpor.
    In Georgian
    Shen vinakhar bicho, modi gelaparakebi, sheni kargebi....

A.L. Sirois

Mynd you, m00se bites kan be nasti...

larry moses

Moi, moi paska aller lah. Broken French Creole.

larry moses

And here I was with a story just bursting to come out. Just my luck.

Huned Contractor

Ok you win. Now will you shhhhhh. Stop biting and start writing.........All the best.

Busy Lizzy

HC, pardon my mistrust, but on your web-site it says:

"This is our forte: We have experienced editors on our team. The costs for editing jobs can only be calculated after judging the nature of work. For that one has to get in touch with us, along with a few samples of your work."

Now, how can you prove to me that this contest isn't just a ploy to ensnare would-be writers into buying your editing services?
    As far as I'm informed, serious agents or publishers don't charge any fees for editing.

Just being curious,
    Busy Lizzy

Frank Baron

Trust your instincts Busy. This one has a bad smell to it.