HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    Alain Gagne

Looking for partner

I am in east Tennessee looking for a skilled writer to partner up on the ideas in my head. Anyone out there?
    I am working on a mystery/western type novel now...great ideas in my head without the skill to translate to print.

Elena Solodow

Re: Looking for partner

No one starts out with skill, Alain. It's something you have to learn.

It sounds like you're already working on the novel, so what's the issue?

Linden Holidae

I understand this, i am new and can't even work my way around here w/out getting a bad vibe, but i believe in my novel. I am learning as i go, you don't have to pay for a formal education to be a good writer, you can learn by reading and studying on your own, but writing takes a lot of focus and commitment, and the better you want it to be, the more work it will be, sorry, but there's a lot of boring and typical stuff out there, i love when there's a new kind of a writer, w/ a new idea. if you don't want to write it yourself, w/ the internet, i'm sure you can find a partner, but for me, the joy is in writing, maybe you should give it a try...

Alain Gagne

You are correct I am writing it... I also am aware of my limitations.
    Thanks for the reply

Alain Gagne

You are correct I am writing it... I also am aware of my limitations.
    Thanks for the reply

Alain Gagne

Linden,
    Thanks for the plugs of encouragement!!

Jackie Lynch

Write it and ask around for someone to read it and give you his/her opinion, and if you are lucky, he/she may help you with the grammar and flow. That happens a lot on this site.

Michael Raymond

I know your feeling. I have just finished a novel. I'd be glad to correspond and help you. What you want is not a partner, but a mentor. I'll do that.

Your novel is your work, your creation. You don't want anybody elses name on it.

Contact me if I can fill the bill.

You can reply here, but I am not on here dailly. You would best leave me a message at my site: mike-raymond.com

Talk at ya later...

Alain Gagne

Michael,

thanks for the email. I may do that.
    I am infancy with both things I am writing.
    One is modern western mystery/ thriller I guess... I hate categorizing things.
    The other is just a simple history / diary of my life to date... strange I guess as I am not famous or anything like that. My life has been interesting enough that people have always enjoyed the little bits and parts they have heard.
    You have my email so shoot something to me again on it with more on the mentor thing.

Alain