Lisa Landolt, Attorney at Law (email@example.com)
Fort Worth-Dallas Metroplex, Texas, United States
Home page: www.landoltlawoffice.com
Entertainment Law Services - Literary Representation - Agenting for Established Authors
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE:
* OUR LAW FIRM ONLY PROVIDES AGENTING FOR ESTABLISHED AUTHORS, AND IT IS ON A FLAT FEE OR HOURLY BASIS (NO CONTINGENCY ARRANGEMENTS).
* WE DO NOT ASSIST AUTHORS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES.
* PUT \"ESTABLISHED AUTHOR\" OR \"LEGAL HELP REQUESTED\" IN THE SUBJECT LINE IF YOU CONTACT US BY EMAIL.
* WE DO NOT PROVIDE AGENTING FOR NEW AUTHORS.
We do not provide agenting for new authors except for when there is a legal matter involved that requires an attorney (such as a literary scam, intellectual property matter, or contract dispute).
NEW AUTHORS: If you are a first-time author looking for agenting only and don\'t have a legal problem requiring attorney assistance, we recommend that you search for and retain a literary agent who charges on a commission basis only.
-- For questions regarding Lisa Landolt\'s latest novel, GOOD MAN HUNTING, published by HarperCollins, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.goodmanhunting.com
-- Read an article from Publishingtrends.com about using an attorney for agenting: http://www.publishingtrends.com/copy/03/0302/0302agents.html
-- Free Literary Submission Checklist on our law firm website: http://www.landoltlawoffice.com/checklist.html
OUR ENTERTAINMENT LAW SERVICES INCLUDE:
* Professional literary representation, including agenting (for established authors), coaching, and contract negotiations;
* Legal representation of victims of self-publishing and other literary scams;
* Contract drafting and evaluation for new and established authors;
* Traditional and self-publishing industry counsel and advice;
* Employment, co-author, and joint-venture agreements;
* Intellectual property law - permissions, copyright, and trademark-service mark development and licensing;
* Legal issue vetting and storyline consultations;
* Certified Mediator - providing dispute resolution services in our offices, online, via videoconference, or telephone; and
* Grant proposal and book proposal assistance for literary projects, film and art projects, research, and nonprofit organizations.
Entertainment Attorneys, unlike non-attorney agents, are licensed by the state and can charge on commission/contingency, by the hour, a flat fee, or a combination of fee plans.
Our law firm charges by the hour or on a flat-fee basis for all legal services. We do not work on contingency or commission.
New authors needing agenting only who do not have a legal problem requiring an attorney are encouraged to seek out and retain agenting services that require payment on a commission/contingency basis only.
Due to the high volume, we no longer provide free literary consultations. We charge by the hour or on a flat fee basis for literary consultations and services.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: ESTABLISHED AUTHORS ONLY
Our law firm provides agenting for previously-published, established authors only. Established authors are welcome to mail or email a query letter and/or proposal, including publishing history and specific needs for legal representation.
We do not provide agenting services for new authors unless it involves a legal problem requiring an attorney (such as a literary scam, intellectual property matter, or contract dispute).
There is NO FEE for the review of query letters or proposals sent via email or US Mail.
No email attachments please.
No unsolicited manuscripts accepted.
PUT THE WORDS \"ESTABLISHED AUTHOR\" OR \"LEGAL HELP REQUESTED\" IN THE SUBJECT LINE IF YOU EMAIL US.
QUERY SUBMISSION CONTACT INFORMATION
VIA EMAIL (no attachments): email@example.com
VIA U.S. MAIL:
Lisa Landolt, Attorney at Law
Landolt & Associates Law Firm
3901 Airport Freeway, Suite 105
Bedford, Texas 76021
* NO UNSOLICITED MANUSCRIPTS ACCEPTED.
* PUT THE WORDS, \"ESTABLISHED AUTHOR,\" OR \"LEGAL HELP REQUESTED\" IN THE SUBJECT LINE IF YOU EMAIL US.
* WE CANNOT ASSIST AUTHORS OUTSIDE THE USA.
* CONSULTATIONS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
There is no fee for the review of query letters or proposals sent via email or U.S. Mail.
Lisa A. Landolt is licensed and admitted to practice law by the Supreme Court of Texas.
Not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Mediation Certification by The National Mediation Academy.
Memberships: State Bar of Texas, American Bar Association, and Romance Writers of America
Listed in Jeff Herman's directory of agents: No
Reading fee: No